If you’re a fan of Dunkin Donuts, then you’ll love their sweet black pepper bacon sandwich. This delicious sandwich is perfect for breakfast, and it’s sure to get your day off to a great start.
However, you may be looking for an alternative if you are on a budget. Luckily, this sandwich is easy to make at home, and you can prepare it in no time. Here is a delicious recipe for the Dunkin Donuts Sweet Black Pepper Bacon Sandwich for you to try.
What is the Sweet Black Pepper Bacon Sandwich?
Most people know Dunkin’ Donuts for its delicious coffee and donuts. However, Dunkin’ Donuts offers a variety of food items, including croissants, bagels, and wraps. Lately, they’ve been gaining attention for their savory breakfast sandwiches – specifically, their Black Pepper Bacon sandwich.
The sweet black pepper bacon breakfast sandwich from Dunkin Donuts was introduced in 2015 at select dunkin’ donuts locations. It was added to the breakfast menu for a limited time to celebrate National Sandwich Day.
It has appeared multiple times since then, including once during the holiday season of 2016 alongside a creme brulee macchiato, a crushed sugar cane donut (yum!), and a Boston creme croissant donut.
The sandwich consists of a flaky, toasted croissant that is savory, featuring an egg topped with a slice of American cheese and four slices of specially seasoned bacon.
You can also get this fantastic sandwich as a wake-up wrap. The sweet black pepper wake-up wrap is healthier since it contains fewer calories and is a lighter breakfast than the sandwich.
Dunkin Donuts is known for its wide selection of donuts, but the sweet black pepper bacon sandwich is one of the most popular choices for breakfast every time it resurfaces on the menu.
The complex flavors of the egg and cheese croissant with the sweet and spicy combination of the pepper bacon are unique and delicious. If you’re looking for something different for breakfast, give this sweet black pepper bacon sandwich recipe a try!
Is The Sweet Black Pepper Bacon From Dunkin Good?
The sweet black pepper bacon from Dunkin Donuts features natural cherrywood bacon seasoned in a special sweet black pepper seasoning that includes a savory blend of brown sugar and black pepper.
The sweet black pepper flavor is not overwhelming, and the bacon is perfectly cooked. The unique combination of sweet and spicy makes this bacon an excellent option for those who enjoy both flavors.
Many customers claim that it is one of the best items on the Dunkin Donuts menu. However, it all depends on personal preference. If you are not one for combination flavors or don’t like pepper, this bacon may not be for you.
What is Dunkin’ Donuts Snackin Bacon?
Aside from the sandwich, Dunkin donuts also have Snackin’ Bacon. This snackin’ bacon is seasoned with the same Sweet Black Pepper seasoning as the bacon and the sandwich, and it is here to cure those afternoon blues!
Four half-slices of bacon are served conveniently in a portable bag, making it perfect for snacking on the go. Plus, the spicy sweetness will wake up any tired taste buds.
We also show you how you can make your version of this bacon right at home for your sweet black pepper bacon sandwiches, but if you want to save on time, you can order a couple of bags of the bacon in your fridge, so you don’t have to make it yourself.
How many calories are in the Dunkin’ Donuts Sweet Black Pepper Bacon Sandwich?
According to fast food nutrition, The sweet black pepper bacon sandwich from Dunkin’ Donuts contains 650 calories.
Other nutrition facts for the sweet black pepper bacon sandwich include 11 grams of sugar ( and 850 mg of sodium. While the sweet black pepper bacon sandwich is high in calories, it is relatively low in sugar and sodium compared to other fast food items.
The sandwich is high in fats, containing 41 grams of fat which make up 63% of your daily value, and moderate carbs, coming in at 46 grams of carbohydrates, making up only 15% of your daily value.
Although this sandwich is high in fats, it is still a great source of protein, coming in at 23 grams, making up 46% of your daily value.
* All percentage daily value figures are based on a 2000-calorie diet.
How To Make The Sweet Black Pepper Bacon Sandwich?
- 12 slices of cherrywood smoked bacon
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 to 1/2 teaspoons of dark brown sugar
- Six croissants
- Six pieces of American cheese
- Six large eggs
- oil or butter for frying the egg
- cooking spray
- First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Next, place a baking rack on top of a bacon sheet. You can line the baking sheet with foil for easy cleanup. Spray the baking rack down with cooking spray, then add the 12 strips of bacon.
- Sprinkle the bacon with 1 to 1 1/2 tbsp of black pepper and brown sugar, then roast until bacon is cooked to your preferred crispiness. It is usually around 15 minutes.
- After the bacon is cooked, carefully place bacon on a paper towel-lined tray to absorb the excess grease. Reduce your oven temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once the bacon is cool enough to touch, half your bacon pieces to make 24 half- slices of bacon.
- Meanwhile, heat oil or butter over medium heat. Crack your eggs in one at a time, leaving plenty of room. Fry your eggs to the desired temperature. Over-hard is the closest to fried eggs found in dunkin’ donuts restaurants.
- For over-hard eggs, fry for around 3 minutes on each side until the egg whites and yolk are thoroughly cooked. Fry in batches until all of the eggs are done. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Next, split your croissants and line them on a baking sheet. Add the fried egg to the bottom half, then top your egg with one slice of American cheese and four half-slices of bacon. Bake in the oven just until cheese is melted. Put the top half back on the sandwich and let cool.
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy-to-make bacon sandwich, look no further than Dunkin’ Donuts Sweet Black Pepper Bacon Sandwich. This limited-time sandwich is perfect for any occasion and can easily be made at home with the recipe we provided.
You can find the recipe for how to make Sweet Black Pepper Bacon here! Did you find this article helpful? Let us know in the comments below!
How do I fry my eggs sunny side up?
According to Delish, for a sunny-side-up egg, start by melting your butter or oil over medium heat, then crack the egg into your pan and cook for 3 minutes or until white is thoroughly cooked.
Remove from stovetop to finish with salt and pepper for flavor as desired! Check out the website for how to cook your eggs over-easy and over-medium.
How do I make the sandwich into a wrap?
The sweet black pepper bacon wake-up wrap consists of a small flour tortilla, white cheddar cheese, egg, and sweet black pepper bacon.
To prepare the wrap, simply prepare your bacon according to the directions listed above or purchase the sweet black pepper snakin’ bacon from Dunkin donuts to make the wraps quickly.
Can I freeze the sweet black pepper bacon sandwich?
Yes! You can make this sandwich ahead of time and freeze it until you are ready to eat them. They are an easy and delicious breakfast to meal prep. If you are making them in advance, skipping the last step of baking them in the oven is best.
Just assemble your sandwiches, wrap tightly in plastic wrap, and place them in the freezer. I would not recommend freezing any longer than one month to ensure quality.
When ready to enjoy them, unwrap them and place them in the microwave. I recommend using the defrost setting, but you can play around until you find which setting works best for your microwave.