As the largest city in Nebraska, Omaha is famous for many things; fine dining, friendly people, tourist sites, and delicious, tasty treats.
But the most delicious (and memorable) of all is their classic donut, served by several bakeries across the city. It is sure to impress.
Today we’re going to list 15 of the best donuts in Omaha. Whether you’re a tourist visiting, or a seasoned local wanting to try something new, each one of the recommendations is sure to delight your taste buds.
Top 15 Best Donuts Shops in Omaha
1. Square Donut
- Address: 15825 W Maple Rd Ste 104
- Phone: (402) 359-1555
- Hours: 6 am to 1 pm every day, or until sold out.
- Website: https://www.squaredonutomaha.com/
With handcrafted donuts of all shapes, sizes, and flavors, Square Donut is one of the most popular bakeries in the city.
Its dessert menu is extensive, and includes sweet and savory options, as well as classic recipes and modern twists – indulge in cinnamon sugar and chocolate peanut butter, maple bacon, and much more.
Square Donut also serves scrumptious filled pastries and apple fritters and if you feel like treating yourself – their cake donut is unmatched.
So whether you want a sit-down treat or are driving by for collection, this bakery should be number one on your list of go-to’s.
2. The Dapper Doughnut
- Address: 16827 Q St., Omaha, NE 68135
- Phone: (980) 296 2333
- Hours: 7 am to 1 pm every day
- Website: https://dapperdoughnut.com/doughnuts/
Just one look at the irresistible menu of the Dapper Doughnut, and you will see why we are fans – everything looks too good to be true!
That’s because the store has over 21 different donuts on sale, all freshly baked and bursting with flavor. Highlights include the banana foster, Nutella dream, the fruity pebbles, and vanilla drizzle donuts.
The Dapper Doughnut also has an unmistakable vintage look – every sit-in meal feels special and adds to your Omaha experience!
3. Hurts Donut
- Address: 1726 N 120th St, Omaha, NE68154, USA
- Phone: (531) 999 1397
- Hours: Open 24 hours, every day
- Website: https://www.wannahurts.com/donuts
With over 70 varieties of donuts and counting, every baked treat at Hurts Donut is an experience. Described as a ‘love letter’ to customers, donuts here break all the rules, and come in unique flavors, toppings and designs.
We highly recommend the retro Andes Mint, the delectable ET, and the sinful birthday cake to truly treat yourself with. You can also check the store’s social media for updates on daily specials.
4. Ditmars Orchard & Vineyard
- Address: 19475 225th St, Council Bluffs, IA 51503, USA
- Phone: (712) 256 7053
- Hours: Monday to Saturday: 10 am to 6 pm, Sunday 11 am – 5 pm.
- Website: https://www.ditmarsorchard.com/sweets
Since 1994, Ditmars Orchard & Vineyard has been at the forefront of Omaha. And while many visitors initially go for the wine and pumpkin patch, it’s their signature apple cider donuts that steal the scene.
If you’re in the mood for donuts, set to the background of beautiful scenery in nearby Iowa, then make the short trip to the famous Ditmars’ orchard and vineyard.
5. Dunkin’ Donuts
- Address: 715 S 72nd St., Omaha, NE 68114
- Website: https://locations.dunkindonuts.com/en/ne/omaha
A staple American classic, Dunkin’ Donuts is one of the most popular chains in the business. They serve over 3 million customers every day. The outlet in Omaha is no exception to the high standards set, with over 50+ varieties of donuts and counting.
From apple crumble donuts, to chocolate caramel, rocky road, maple crumble and the delectable crème brulee – suffice to say your taste buds are in for a treat.
And to go with your donut, the story also has delicious hot and cold drinks, and a variety of other freshly baked goods to sweeten the deal.
6. LaMar’s Donuts & Coffee
- Address: 17202 Audrey St., Omaha, NE 68136
- Phone: 1-888-78-LAMAR
- Hours: 4 am to 8 pm every day
- Website: https://www.lamars.com/menu/
With a history of donut making that spans back to 1933, LaMar’s has always been a staple for tasty treats in the city. Their donuts are plump, golden, and sinful – and are a bonafide classic across Omaha.
They bake over 344,000 donuts every week, with several different styles, toppings, shapes, and sizes.
If we had to recommend just one donut, it would their glazed donut, which already has earned a reputation from local critics as ‘the superior donut in Omaha.
7. Union Orchard
- Address: 2405 South Hwy 75, Union, Nebraska 68455
- Phone: (402) 263-4845
- Hours: 10 am to 6 pm every day
- Website: https://www.unionorchard.com/
Nestled in the heart of Nebraska’s apple country, Union Orchard has been growing the freshest grapes and apples for over 100 years. And while visitors always enjoy the breathtaking beauty of the countryside, the real treat is found in their delicious desserts.
Their country store has farm-fresh fruit and vegetable delicacies, including their famous cider donuts. But don’t take our word for it – trust the thousands of visitors who sing their praises across social media.
8. Sweet Magnolia Bake shop
- Address: 813 North 40th Street, Omaha, Nebraska, 68131
- Phone: (402) 934 6427
- Hours: Tuesday to Friday: 7 am – 2 pm. Saturday: 8 am – 2 pm, Sunday: 8 am – 1 pm.
- Website: https://www.sweetmagnoliasbakeshop.com/
Famous for their custom breakfasts and desserts, the Sweet Magnolia bake shop can cater to your sweet tooth’s every need.
The menu is simply delicious-looking, and their donuts are popular for every occasion, including birthdays, baby showers, and work events. They also cater to specialized dietary requirements, ensuring everyone can enjoy the delicious taste and texture of a donut!
9. Pettit’s Pastry
- Address: 502 N 16th St, Omaha, NE 68102, and 311 N. 114th St., Omaha.
- Phone: +1 402-345-1111
- Hours: 5 am to 6 pm every weekday. Weekends 5 am to 12 pm.
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/pettitspastry/
With an amazing reputation in Omaha for the last 65 years and counting, Pettit’s Pastry is one of the most popular places for donuts in the city. Family-owned and run, there are two shops to pick from – one in downtown Omaha and the other in West Omaha.
No matter your choice, we guarantee you’ll be satisfied by the rich variety of flavors, styles, toppings, and home-baked goodness. And to top your donut off in style, we highly recommend their expertly blended coffee, latte, or cappuccinos.
10. Olsen Bake Shop
- Address: 1739-1709 S 10th St, Omaha, NE 68108, USA
- Phone: +1 402-341-1145
- Hours: 7.30 am to 12 pm every day
Nothing beats a small, artisan bakery with fresh goodies made on the spot. Olsen’s Bakeshop commands a loyal customer base with updates from social media advertising all the great, new recipes that are in development.
What’s more, the bakery also sells a variety of scrumptious treats like coffee cakes, cookies, croissants, rolls, and Kolach for you to savor.
11. Winchell’s Donut House
- Address: 2905 S 120th St, Omaha, NE 68144
- Phone: +1 402-334-5140
- Hours: Open 24 hours a day
- Website: https://winchells.com/
With more than 70 varieties of donuts and baked goodies, Winchel’’s Donut House is a firm favorite in Omaha.
All baked goods are served, including cinnamon rolls and muffins, to bagels and sandwiches. Their famous donuts, however, take center stage every time. Each one has top-grade fillings bursting with flavor, and a variety of toppings that will suit any palate.
12. Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
- Address: 2715 S120th St (at W Center Rd), Omaha, NE 68144
- Phone: (402) 334-9000, and (402) 932-5581
- Hours: 5.30 am to 9 pm
- Website: https://site.krispykreme.com/ne/omaha
Sometimes, what’s familiar is best! Krispy Kreme is a chain of donuts that needs no real introduction- they are famous worldwide for their delectable, delicious, and satisfying confectionary.
And if you’re a fan of this donut goliath, the Omaha franchise will not disappoint. Each donut is hand-filled and expertly decorated, ensuring it’s both fresh and enchanting.
The menu has an expansive list of donuts, including chocolate, cookies and cream, strawberry, bischoff, and glazed raspberry to name but a few. The shop offers regular specials when you buy a baker’s dozen (12), and even allows you to customize which donuts are included.
The only problem you’ll face is making a quick decision when searching the menu! Everything looks divine!
13. Vala’s Pumpkin Patch
- Address: 12102 S. 180th St. Gretna, NE 68028
- Phone: (402) 332-4200
- Hours: Sunday to Thursday 9 am – 9 pm. Friday – Saturday 9 am – 10 pm.
- Website: https://www.valaspumpkinpatch.com/food/
Want to make some amazing family memories to the backdrop of delicious donuts? Then Vala’s Pumpkin Patch comes highly recommended. Every week, new recipes and food options are developed, ensuring there’s always something exciting to try out.
What’s more, the patch’s award-winning cider goes hand-in-hand with their tasty, homemade donuts. The farm also has a Fudge shop, bakery, and sweet shop to fulfill your sweet tooth’s every demand.
14. Sunrize Donuts
- Address: 17676 Welch Plaza #7, Omaha, NE 68135
- Phone: (402) 727-1201
- Hours: 6 am to 12 pm every day.
- Website: https://riseandshinedonuts.com/
With over 30 years in the business, Sunrize Donuts is one of Omaha’s most beloved bakeries.
There are over 50 different donuts to choose from. They include classics like glazed and chocolate donuts, to more exquisite treats like powered raspberry, cinnamon twists, and caked donuts loaded with M&Ms.
And to add a sweetener to your trip, the shop has a special promotion – The Baker’s dozen; buy 12 donuts and get one free!
15. Harold’s Koffee House
- Address: 8327 N 30th St, Omaha, NE 68112
- Phone: (402) 451 9776
- Hours: Monday 7 am – 2 pm, Tuesday to Friday: 6.30 am to 2.30 pm, Saturday: 6.30 am to 2 pm, Sunday: 7.30 am – 1 pm.
- Website: https://www.haroldskoffeehouse.com/menu
Hardol’s Koffee House is a little slice of Omaha history. For decades, it’s been serving locals and visitors alike with a bounty of tasty treats and friendly service.
Their homemade donuts come highly recommended and include such delicious flavors as cinnamon, chocolate, and vanilla. You can further treat yourself with deliciously baked cinnamon and pecan rolls, and pair it all together with a host of coffee drinks.