Are you looking for a travel destination that is not too far, but still gives you a tropical and relaxing feel? Well, look no further than Lakeland, Florida!
Located between Tampa and Orlando, Lakeland is the largest city in Polk County. It is a great destination for a variety of activities and site seeing, such as historical sites, museums, nature attractions, shopping centers, and more. Here, you’ll find something for the whole family to enjoy.
What’s even better is that Lakeland is home to some of the best donuts in Florida, so you’ll definitely find a way to satisfy your sweet tooth while you’re on vacation. From local donut shops and small business to chain establishments, there is a variety of desserts to choose from.
Without further ado, here are the top 10 places for donuts in Lakeland and the surrounding areas.
1. Hole in One Donuts
- Address: 2076 E Edgewood Dr, Lakeland, FL 33803
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/holeinonelakeland/
- Phone: (863) 665-8385
- Hours: Tuesday to Saturday: 5 am to 1 pm; Sunday: 6 am to 1 pm
Home to a huge display case full of sugary and delicious sweets, Hole in One Donuts is one of the many local donut shops in Lakeland that you must visit when you’re in town. Always made hot and fresh, this shop has all the donuts you could ask for, from frosted and glazed to strawberry icing with sprinkles.
Not only does this shop sell some of the best donuts in Lakeland – including a giant cinnamon roll donut – but it also offers tasty breakfast sandwiches and other common bakery items, like a croissant sandwich.
2. Charlie’s Mini Donuts and Coffee
- Address: 1023 E County Rd 540A, Lakeland, FL 33813
- Website: https://charlies-mini-donuts-coffee.business.site/
- Phone: (863) 500-1414
- Hours: Tuesday to Saturday: 7 am to 5 pm; Sunday: 7 am to 12 pm
Charlie’s Mini Donuts and Coffee is a unique donut shop in Lakeland that offers mini donuts and espresso drinks, smoothies, and teas. This location has some of the most interesting flavors and toppings that you might come across in the area, including maple bacon, pop rocks, fruit loops, chocolate pretzel, and more.
What makes this donut shop different from others in the area is that Charlie’s offers gluten-free donuts every Wednesday. We recommend giving them a call to confirm availability before you go.
Each donut is made fresh to order. With plenty of great donuts and coffee to choose from, you can’t go wrong with Charlie’s Mini Donuts and Coffee.
3. La Imperial Bakery
- Address: 830 E Main St, Lakeland, FL 33801
- Website: https://www.imperiallakeland.com/
- Phone: (863) 500-4422
- Hours: Tuesday to Saturday: 7:30 am to 3:30 pm
Family-owned and operated since 2018, La Imperial Bakery is a Puerto Rican inspired bakery, or Panaderia, that offers a wide selection of freshly baked breads, pastries, and desserts. Everything at this bakery is handmade and bakery items change per season.
In addition to donuts, La Imperial Bakery also sells traditional Puerto Rican pastries, including:
- Coconut pudding (Tembleque)
- Guava and cheese-filled puff pastry twists (Quesitos)
- Puerto Rican style water bread (Pan de Agua)
- Puerto Rican soft and sweet bread (Pan Sobao)
- And more!
4. The Donut Man
- Address: 1290 6th St NW, Winter Haven, FL 33881
- Website: https://m.facebook.com/thedonutmanWH/
- Phone: (863) 293-4031
- Hours: Monday to Sunday: 5 am to 10 pm
With over 27 years in business, The Donut Man is a community favorite in Lakeland and Winter Haven, Florida. This local donut shop is best known as the “Home of Amazing Apple Fritters.”
Their wide range of menu items include cake donuts, filled donuts, and a variety of toppings. The best part is that everything is baked fresh each day.
This shop is open daily from 5 am to 10 pm, serving donuts, bagels, croissants, biscuits, and more.
5. Donut Palace
- Address: 2697 Recker Hwy, Winter Haven, FL 33880
- Phone: (863) 293-1971
- Hours: Tuesday to Saturday: 6 am to 12 pm; Sunday: 6:30 am to 12 pm
The Donut Palace in Winter Haven serves tasty donuts, donut holes, and breakfast sandwiches. The shop also has interesting and unique offerings, like breakfast tacos, made of eggs, bacon, and cheese on a flour tortilla with salsa.
This local donut shop is especially known for their unique “birthday cakes” which use donuts to make up the shape of your birthday age or number. These donut birthday cakes make great gifts and desserts for a birthday party.
6. Krispy Kreme
- Address: 3790 US Hwy 98 N, Lakeland, FL 33809
- Website: https://site.krispykreme.com/fl/lakeland/3790-us-hwy-98-n
- Phone: (863) 866-8011
- Hours: Sunday to Thursday: 6 am to 10 pm; Friday to Saturday 6 am to 11 pm
Located in the Lakeland Square Mall in North Lakeland, Krispy Kreme is a well-known chain bakery that operates around the world. Krispy Kreme has been around since 1937 and now has 1,400 shop locations around the world, including 367 that are located across the United States.
Krispy Kreme is best known for its promotions and original glazed donuts, but the shop also offers different donut flavors and icings to choose from. Additional flavors at Krispy Kreme may include iced, filled, cake, and chocolate.
It’s also important to know that this store location is the only Krispy Kreme store location in all of Polk County. So, you should definitely make your way there if you’re craving these world-famous donuts.
7. Baking Donuts Plus
- Address: 913 6th St NW, Winter Haven, FL 33881
- Website: https://bakingdonutsplus.business.site/
- Phone: (863) 268-6632
- Hours: Monday to Sunday: 5:30 am to 8 pm
Homemade and fresh daily, Baking Donuts Plus is known for their bacon donuts, donut holes, and cake donut holes. In addition to a large selection of donuts and flavors, Baking Donuts Plus also serves coffee, bubble tea, breakfast sandwiches, and more.
8. Reasey Donuts
- Address: 202 E Canal St, Mulberry, FL 33860
- Website: https://vuyo.me/en-view.php?seo=reasey-donuts-733015
- Phone: (863) 943-4401
- Hours: Tuesday: 5 am to 12 pm; Wednesday to Saturday: 4:30 am to 1 pm; Sunday: 4:30 am to 12 pm
Reasey Donuts operates much like a bakery, catering to customers as early as 4:30 am. This shop has it all, from a variety of donut flavors and toppings to essential breakfast sandwiches, bagels, and croissants. Reasey Donuts is a great option for early birds who are always on the go.
9. Nothing Bundt Cakes
- Address: 4754 Florida Ave S, Lakeland, FL 33813
- Website: https://www.nothingbundtcakes.com/
- Phone: (863) 345-7922
- Hours: Monday to Friday: 9 am to 7 pm; Saturday: 10 am to 7 pm; Sunday: 11 am to 4 pm
If you’re not sure what a bundt cake is, you can picture a large donut in your mind. Bundt cakes closely resemble donuts with their distinctive donut shape. They are made in a bundt mould, which looks just like a large doughnut.
Nothing Bundt Cakes offers these donut-like cakes for any occasion, including birthdays, holidays and more. Their decorated bundt cakes are very popular and come in a variety of flavors, including:
- Key lime
- Red velvet
- Chocolate chocolate chip
- Strawberries and cream
- Classic vanilla
- And more
In addition, the shop also sells miniature bundt cakes called “bundtlets,” which have an even closer resemblance to donuts. These small desserts make a great treat or delicious gift for any occasion.
- Website: https://www.dunkindonuts.com/
As the saying goes, “America runs on Dunkin,” and you can never go wrong with this donut chain that offers specialty coffee drinks (hot and iced), latte drinks, breakfast and lunch sandwiches, fruit drink refreshers, and of course donuts.
If you’re on the go and need to grab a quick donut and coffee, Dunkin’ might be your best go-to stop. Luckily, there are many Dunkin’ Donuts locations in the Lakeland area, including:
- 3110 S. Florida Ave, Lakeland, FL 33803
- 2060 Hwy 540A E, Lakeland, FL 33813
- 1111 Bartow Rd, US Highway 98 S, Lakeland FL 33801
- 3108 US Highway 98 N, Lakeland, FL 33805
- 1578 3rd Street SW, Winter Haven, FL 33880
- 6354 Cypress Gardens Blvd, Winter Haven, FL 33884
Hours and offerings vary by location, so be sure to verify before you make your way to Dunkin. You can also save time by ordering your items through the Dunkin’ mobile app.
Don’t Wait to Try the Top 10 Places for Donuts in Lakeland
As you plan your next trip to Lakeland, FL, be sure to stop by these top donut shops. They are loved by Florida locals and would be a great addition to your upcoming Lakeland vacation.
As you explore all the sights and scenery that Lakeland has to offer, it wouldn’t hurt to make a pit stop at one of these favorite local donut shops to satisfy your sweet tooth.
As a quick recap, here are the top 10 places for donuts in Lakeland and the surrounding areas. You’ll definitely want to add these donut shops to your list of must-go places while you’re in the area.
- Hole in One Donuts
- Charlie’s Mini Donuts and Coffee
- La Imperial Bakery
- The Donut Man
- Donut Palace
- Krispy Kreme
- Baking Donuts Plus
- Reasey Donuts
- Nothing Bundt Cakes
- Dunkin’ Donuts
Don’t hesitate to stop by one of these donut shops for a sweet treat! Do you have more questions on where are the top places for donuts in Lakeland? Be sure to send us any of your questions in the comments section.