Crumbl Cookies are a popular chain of gourmet cookie shops known for their weekly rotating menu of innovative cookie flavors. With over 200 locations across the United States, Crumbl has developed a cult-like following of cookie lovers who eagerly await each week’s new selections.
However, many cookie enthusiasts find themselves wondering just how indulgent these freshly-baked treats really are. Specifically, a common question is: how many calories are in one Crumbl cookie?
The Basics of Crumbl Cookies
As mentioned, Crumbl rotates their menu weekly, featuring 4-5 special flavors alongside their Classic Milk Chocolate Chip which is available every week. Some of their most popular creations include:
- Cornflake Marshmallow Cookies
- Cookies & Cream
- Key Lime Pie
- Peanut Butter Bar
- Caramel Popcorn
Crumbl is known for generous portions – their cookies are quite large, typically 4-5 inches across. They use high quality, often gourmet ingredients like white chocolate, caramel, real fruit purees, and specialty add-ins like Oreos.
The cookies are baked fresh in store daily and available for pickup, delivery, or nationwide shipping. Customers can buy cookies individually or in packs of 4, 6, or 12.
Nutritional Information for Crumbl Cookies
Crumbl Cookies does not provide full, official nutrition facts for all their rotating weekly selections. However, they do offer some insight into the general calorie ranges:
- Most regular Crumbl cookies range from 170 – 250 calories per cookie
- Signature specialty cookies range from 300 – 500+ calories per cookie
Based on this, we can estimate that the calorie count for one standard Crumbl cookie falls somewhere between 170-250 calories on average.
Their Classic Milk Chocolate Chip cookie has 190 calories per serving according to the Crumbl website. This provides a good baseline for estimating calories in their classic chocolate chip or sugar cookie flavors.
Some specific calorie counts that Crumbl does provide:
|Crumbl Cookie Flavor
|Calories (per cookie)
|Milk Chocolate Chip
As you can see, calorie counts do vary, but not significantly between their classic cookie options. Most standard cookies clock in right around 200 calories.
Estimating Calories in Signature Specialty Flavors
Calculating calories for Crumbl’s rotating weekly specials and signature specialty cookies takes a bit more guesswork.
Based on their guidance of 300-500+ calories for specialty cookies, we can assume:
- Cookies with extra ingredients like candy pieces, swirls of frosting, streusel toppings, etc likely range from 300-400 calories per cookie
- Over-the-top creations like s’mores or cookies with multiple mix-ins probably exceed 400 calories
- Their most decadent specialty flavors with ingredients like whole candy bars, cheesecake pieces, etc may contain 500+ calories per cookie
For example, we can estimate their S’mores cookie likely contains around 400-500 calories given the multi-layered combination of chocolate, marshmallows, and graham cracker pieces. Similarly, a specialty flavor like Kentucky Butter Cake with its cinnamon streusel topping likely clocks in around 350 calories per cookie.
Without Crumbl releasing official nutrition data for all flavors, we are left to make educated guesses based on the ingredients and preparation methods involved.
How Crumbl Cookie Calorie Counts Compare
At around 200 calories for a standard sized cookie, Crumbl’s calorie counts are moderately high but not excessive compared to other gourmet cookie brands.
For example, Insomnia Cookies range from 190-440 calories per cookie depending on flavor and size. Tate’s Bake Shop cookies are 140-180 calories each. Pepperidge Farm Soft Baked cookies like Milanos contain 130 calories per cookie.
So Crumbl cookies have slightly more calories than basic grocery store cookies, but are quite comparable to other indulgent, bakery-style cookie brands. Their specialty flavors do push up the calorie counts into more decadent territory.
Steps to Estimate Crumbl Cookie Calories
When a new Crumbl menu is released without official calorie counts, you can follow these steps to make an educated guess on the calorie content:
- Identify if it’s a classic or specialty flavor. Classic flavors will likely be around 200 calories. Specialty flavors tend to be 300+ calories.
- Look at the ingredient list – does it have mix-ins like frosting, candy pieces, cheesecake chunks, etc? More add-ins means higher calorie counts.
- Compare to similar Crumbl flavors or cookies from other brands to estimate based on similarities.
- Add approximately 50-100 calories for specialty toppings like streusel or swirls of frosting.
While the exact number of calories in each Crumbl cookie serving may remain a mystery, following these simple tips can help provide a reasonable calorie estimate to inform your indulgence!
Tips for Enjoying Crumbl Cookies Guilt-Free
Crumbl cookies are a delicious treat, but the calories can quickly add up, especially if you’re eating more than one. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Split a 4 or 6-pack with friends or family so you can try multiple flavors while controlling portions.
- Order just 1 or 2 cookies at a time and savor them slowly as a special dessert.
- Pair your cookie with a glass of milk or cup of tea to feel more satisfied.
- Portion out half your cookie to enjoy now and save the rest for later.
- Balance out the calories by being mindful of other meals and snacks throughout the day.
- Substitute fresh fruit or other lighter snacks if you plan to enjoy Crumbl cookies regularly.
An occasional indulgent Crumbl cookie can absolutely fit into a balanced diet. Just be mindful of portions, ingredients, and your overall calorie intake for the day.
The Bottom Line
So how many calories are in a Crumbl cookie? The answer ranges depending on the specific flavor, but in general:
- Most regular Crumbl cookies are around 200 calories
- Specialty flavors range from 300-500+ calories
Exact calorie counts are hard to determine since Crumbl does not provide full nutrition facts. But using the basic guidelines provided by Crumbl and comparing similar cookie brands can help estimate calories for menu items.
At 200-500+ calories per cookie, Crumbl’s creations should be enjoyed in moderation as part of an overall balanced diet and active lifestyle. But there’s no need to say no to these decadent treats – just focus on controlling portions and balancing out calories for the day.