Kourtney Kardashian is known for her healthy lifestyle and love of avocado smoothies. She often shares snapshots of her morning smoothies on social media, featuring the bright green color that comes from fresh avocados. So what exactly goes into Kourtney Kardashian’s go-to avocado smoothies? Let’s take a closer look at the key ingredients.
The star ingredient in Kourtney’s smoothies is obviously avocado. She uses 1/2 to 1 full avocado, depending on the size. Avocados provide the smooth, creamy texture and nutritional benefits. Just half of an avocado contains 10 grams of healthy fats, 9 grams of carbs, and 80 calories. Avocados are also packed with fiber, potassium, vitamins C, E, K, and B6, as well as folate. They contain more potassium than bananas!
Kourtney often adds a handful of spinach to her smoothies. Spinach is a nutritional powerhouse, loaded with vitamins A, C, and K, magnesium, iron, and antioxidants. It packs a big nutritional punch with very few calories. The folate and potassium in spinach are especially helpful for maintaining healthy blood pressure levels.
To add liquid and creaminess, Kourtney uses unsweetened almond milk in her smoothies. Almond milk has only 30 calories per cup compared to 146 calories in a cup of whole milk. It also provides calcium, vitamin D, and vitamin E. Sweetened varieties have added sugar while unsweetened almond milk has only 1 gram of naturally occurring sugar per cup.
In addition to almond milk, Kourtney sometimes adds a spoonful of almond butter to her smoothies. Almond butter provides protein, fiber, magnesium, potassium, iron and healthy fats. It also adds richness and creamy texture. Look for brands without added sugar.
To ramp up the nutrition, Kourtney often adds plant-based protein powders like pea protein powder or hemp protein powder. These provide extra protein for muscle recovery and satiety. She mixes 1 scoop or so into her smoothies. Protein powders vary in ingredients, so check the nutrition label when selecting one.
These small seeds provide omega-3 fatty acids, fiber and other nutrients. They add extra nutrition and texture to smoothies. Flaxseeds need to be ground to make their nutrients accessible, so opt for pre-ground flaxseed meal if possible. Add 1-2 tablespoons to your smoothie.
Kourtney will often sprinkle in some cinnamon, which adds warmth and spice. Cinnamon provides antioxidants and anti-inflammatory benefits as well. It may help regulate blood sugar levels and improve brain function too.
To sweeten her smoothies without added sugar, Kourtney uses stevia leaf extract. Stevia is a natural, zero-calorie sweetener that comes from a plant. It will not raise blood sugar levels. Use just a small amount as it’s very sweet.
Lastly, Kourtney adds ice to lend a thick, milkshake-like texture and chill factor. Use a handful of ice cubes made from filtered water.Crushed ice also blends smoothly.
Putting it All Together
So in summary, Kourtney Kardashian’s go-to smoothie recipe contains:
- 1/2 – 1 avocado
- Handful of spinach
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1-2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1-2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- Dash of cinnamon
- Few drops stevia extract
She simply adds all these ingredients to a high-powered blender like a Vitamix until smooth and creamy. The macros for a smoothie with these approximate ingredients are:
This provides a filling, balanced breakfast or snack with plenty of nutrition to power your day! The healthy fats and fiber help keep you satisfied while the protein and vitamins give you sustained energy. This smoothie makes a great alternative to sugary coffee drinks for breakfast on-the-go.
The avocado is really the star of the show, providing nutrients, creaminess and the signature green color. You can easily modify this recipe to your tastes and dietary needs by using different milk varieties, proteins, fruits or greens. Key tips for the best avocado smoothie:
- Use fresh, ripe avocado. Underripe avocado will not blend well.
- Add liquid to help it blend smoothly. Almond milk is ideal.
- Include spinach or kale to pack extra nutrients.
- Boost protein with nut butter, protein powder or yogurt.
- Sweeten mildly with stevia instead of sugar.
- Use ice to lend a thick texture.
- Blend until very smooth and creamy.
Kourtney also shares other versions of her avocado smoothie featuring different ingredients like matcha powder, chocolate protein powder, frozen cauliflower, berries and more. She mixes up the recipe to keep things interesting and maximize nutrition.
Benefits of Kourtney’s Avocado Smoothie
There are many excellent benefits to starting your day with an avocado smoothie like Kourtney Kardashian’s go-to recipe:
- Healthy fats – From the avocado, almond butter, and flaxseed, this smoothie provides metabolism-boosting fats to keep you satisfied.
- Fiber – With 10 grams of fiber, this smoothie promotes good digestion and stabilizes blood sugar.
- Plant-based protein – The protein powder and almond butter supply filling protein without excess saturated fat.
- Vitamins and minerals – Packed with vitamins A, C, E, K, B6, calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium and more.
- Antioxidants – From the spinach, avocado, berries, and cinnamon, these help neutralize cell damage.
- Phytonutrients – The greens and fruits contain beneficial plant compounds that reduce inflammation.
- Low sugar – With no added sugar and minimal natural sugar, this smoothie won’t cause blood sugar spikes.
- Hydration – The liquid content hydrates your body to recharge after sleep.
- Convenience – Make it the night before and grab-and-go in the morning for an easy, portable breakfast.
- Customization – Tailor it to your preferences with any add-ins like cocoa powder, chia seeds, Greek yogurt and more.
This antioxidant-rich smoothie makes for a satiating, energizing start to your day. The green color comes from the avocado and spinach, packing a one-two punch of nutrition. It provides long lasting energy without an energy crash later. You’ll feel hydrated, nourished and satisfied all morning long after one of Kourtney’s frothy green smoothies.
Smoothie Alternatives and Modifications
Once you have the basic template for Kourtney’s go-to avocado smoothie, feel free to get creative and make substitutions to suit your tastebuds or dietary needs! Here are some easy modifications you can make:
Use different milks
- Soy milk
- Coconut milk
- Cashew milk
- Hemp milk
- Skim milk
- Whole milk
- Lactose-free milk
Swap different fruits
- Berries – blueberry, strawberry, blackberry
Try different greens
Switch up protein sources
- Whey protein powder
- Pea protein powder
- Hemp protein powder
- Chia seeds
- Ground flaxseed
- Cashew butter
- Greek yogurt
Add different superfoods or herbs
- Maca powder
- Cacao nibs
- Cocoa powder
- Chia seeds
Blend with any seeds or nuts
- Chia seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Sesame seeds
The possibilities are truly endless for creating a personalized avocado smoothie. Use your favorite fruits, greens, proteins and superfoods to make it your own.
Making the Avocado Smoothie
Here is a step-by-step guide to blending Kourtney Kardashian’s avocado smoothie recipe at home:
- Add the spinach to your blender cup first.
- Scoop in the avocado flesh directly on top of the spinach.
- Pour in the almond milk.
- Add the almond butter, protein powder, ground flaxseed, cinnamon and stevia.
- Top with ice cubes.
- Secure the lid and blender tightly.
- Start blending on low to break things up initially.
- Increase speed to high and blend for 1 to 2 minutes until very smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy immediately!
Tips for the best texture:
- Use a powerful blender like a Vitamix or Ninja.
- Let it blend for 1 to 2 minutes total.
- Tamp down the ingredients with a tamper if needed.
- Add extra splash of milk if too thick.
Garnish your avocado smoothie with any fun add-ons like chia seeds, coconut flakes, cacao nibs, granola or berries on top. Sip and enjoy this nourishing start to your day!
Storing and Freezing Avocado Smoothies
Like most smoothies featuring fresh produce, Kourtney’s avocado smoothie is best enjoyed right after blending. But here are some tips to store or freeze it:
- Transfer to an airtight container like a mason jar.
- Store in the fridge up to 24 hours.
- Give it a good stir or shake before drinking.
- Add some ice to chill it back down if needed.
- Freeze in individual portions to grab and go.
- Leave 1 inch at the top for expansion.
- Use freezer-safe containers or jars.
- Let thaw 12-24 hours in the refrigerator before drinking.
- Mix well once thawed and add ice to reblend if separating.
Freezing is great for meal prepping several smoothies at once to last all week. Allow some time to defrost in the fridge before enjoying.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is avocado good for smoothies?
Avocado provides creaminess, richness and healthy fats. It has a neutral, mild flavor that blends well with other smoothie ingredients. The healthy monounsaturated fats help absorb fat-soluble vitamins.
Can you freeze avocado smoothies?
Yes, you can safely freeze an avocado smoothie for up to 6 months. Leave 1 inch of room at the top for expansion. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before drinking for best texture and flavor.
How long does avocado smoothie last in the fridge?
Stored properly in an airtight container, an avocado smoothie will last 24-48 hours in the refrigerator. Add ice as needed to re-chill before drinking if separating.
Can avocado smoothies be made in advance?
You can prepare avocado smoothies up to 24 hours ahead. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container until ready to drink. You can also freeze them in advance for easy grab-and-go breakfasts.
What can I add to avocado smoothie for weight loss?
Great add-ins for weight loss include protein powder, chia seeds, flaxseed, spinach, matcha, ginger, cinnamon, greek yogurt and berries.
Kourtney Kardashian’s go-to morning smoothie features the superfood avocado for a nutrition and antioxidant-packed start to the day. Blending hass avocado with spinach, almond milk, protein powder and other add-ins yields a satisfying, creamy and refreshing beverage. Customize the basic recipe to suit your own tastes and dietary needs.
Enjoy this smoothie chilled, right after blending for maximum flavor and texture. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator up to 24 hours. For longer term, divide into portions and freeze for up to 6 months. Thaw overnight before drinking again.
Whip up this simple avocado smoothie just like Kourtney Kardashian first thing in the morning for a deliciously green, gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan breakfast option. Thanks to the healthy fats and protein, it will power you through the morning and leave you feeling your best.