An Arby’s chicken salad sandwich contains around 530 calories. The exact calorie count can vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients and preparation, but most Arby’s chicken salad sandwiches contain around 530 calories.
Calories in Arby’s Chicken Salad Sandwich
Arby’s chicken salad sandwich is a popular menu item, featuring Arby’s classic chicken salad made with diced chicken breast, mayonnaise, celery, onions, and seasonings. This chicken salad is served on a toasted sesame seed bun.
Here is the typical nutrition information for an Arby’s chicken salad sandwich:
As you can see, a typical Arby’s chicken salad sandwich contains about 530 calories. The majority of those calories come from fat (24g) and carbohydrates (41g). The sandwich also provides 28g of protein.
Calories from Each Ingredient
To better understand where those 530 calories come from, let’s take a closer look at the main ingredients in an Arby’s chicken salad sandwich:
The chicken salad provides the bulk of the calories, with around 320 calories in a standard portion used on the sandwich. The chicken breast itself is a lean protein source, but the mayonnaise and oils used in the chicken salad recipe add significant calories and fat.
Arby’s uses a toasted sesame seed bun for the chicken salad sandwich. A standard fast food hamburger bun contains around 150 calories.
Lettuce and Tomatoes
The lettuce and tomato slices used to top the chicken salad sandwich are very low in calories, providing less than 10 calories total.
If any condiments like mustard or mayo are added to the sandwich, they can add 50-100 extra calories.
So of the total 530 calories in an Arby’s chicken salad sandwich, the majority come from the chicken salad itself followed by the bun. The vegetables and condiments contribute minimal calories.
Variables that Affect Calorie Count
While the standard chicken salad sandwich from Arby’s contains about 530 calories, there are some factors that can alter the calorie count slightly:
– Chicken salad recipe: Different amounts of mayonnaise, oil, or seasonings could slightly change the calorie content.
– Bun type: If a different type of bread or bun is substituted, the calories could vary.
– Condiments: Adding extra condiments like barbecue sauce or honey mustard will add calories.
– Salad toppings: If lettuce, tomato or other veggies are added or omitted, the calories may decrease or increase slightly.
– Portion size: A smaller or larger portion of chicken salad could lower or raise the calorie count.
So in general, the Arby’s chicken salad sandwich contains roughly 530 calories. But the exact number could be a bit more or less depending on the specific ingredients, recipe, and portion size provided. Fluctuations of 50 calories or so in either direction are common.
Arby’s Chicken Salad Nutrition Facts Panel
Many Arby’s locations provide a nutrition facts label for their chicken salad sandwich. Here is an example nutrition facts panel for the sandwich:
|Serving Size 1 sandwich (294g)
|Amount Per Serving
|Calories from Fat 230
|% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 24g
|Saturated Fat 4.5g
|Total Carbohydrate 41g
|Dietary Fiber 2g
As you can see, this nutrition label matches up with the typical nutrition information provided earlier. It shows the Arby’s chicken salad sandwich containing 530 total calories, with fat, carbs, and protein as the main calorie sources.
Comparing your purchased sandwich to the nutrition facts panel on Arby’s website or in their restaurants can give you the most accurate calorie count for the chicken salad sandwich you are eating.
Low Calorie Options
If you are looking for ways to lower the calorie count of your Arby’s chicken salad sandwich, here are some tips:
– Order a junior-sized sandwich. A smaller portion will automatically cut calories.
– Skip the standard bun and ask for a lettuce wrap instead. Lettuce is almost zero calories.
– Hold the mayo and any other condiments to eliminate those extra calories.
– Add extra vegetables like tomatoes, onions, pickles to bulk up the sandwich with low-calorie foods.
– Opt for apple slices or a side salad instead of fries for your side item.
– Choose water, unsweetened tea, or diet soda instead of sugary soft drinks.
Making simple modifications like these can easily shave off 100 or more calories from your chicken salad sandwich.
Healthiest Menu Options at Arby’s
If you are following a calorie-controlled diet, some of the healthiest menu options at Arby’s include:
– Roast Turkey Farmhouse Salad – 340 calories
– Greek Gyro – 310 calories
– Roast Turkey Ranch & Bacon Sandwich – 440 calories
– Market Fresh Roast Turkey Sandwich – 320 calories
– Corned Beef Reuben Slider – 150 calories
– Jamocha Shake (small) – 330 calories
Arby’s also has a “Under 500 Calories” menu featuring sandwiches, salads, pitas, and melts that all stay under 500 total calories. Selecting these lower calorie options can help with weight management.
In summary, a typical Arby’s chicken salad sandwich contains around 530 calories. The chicken salad, bun, and condiments are the main sources of calories in this popular menu item. The exact calorie count can vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients used. Checking Arby’s website or in-store nutrition information can give you the most accurate calorie figures for the chicken salad sandwich you purchase. There are also simple ways to reduce the calorie count in this sandwich by swapping out ingredients or selecting condiments wisely. When dining at Arby’s, there are many lower calorie menu options under 500 calories that can be part of a healthy meal plan.