Chick-fil-A is a popular fast food restaurant chain that specializes in chicken sandwiches. In addition to their famous chicken sandwiches, Chick-fil-A also offers delicious baked treats like cookies. Cookies are a popular menu item at Chick-fil-A and make a tasty snack or dessert. But if you want to order a half dozen cookies from Chick-fil-A, how much would that cost? In this article, we will examine the prices for Chick-fil-A cookies and calculate how much it would cost to buy 6 cookies from the restaurant.
Chick-fil-A Cookie Options
Chick-fil-A offers customers a few different cookie options:
- Chocolate Chunk Cookies – Chocolate cookie dough with chocolate chunks inside. Their classic chocolate chip cookie.
- Sugar Cookies – A simple vanilla sugar cookie with a smooth icing topping.
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies – Chewy oatmeal cookies made with raisins.
- Cookies & Cream Cookies – Vanilla cookie dough with crushed Oreo pieces inside.
The standard Chick-fil-A cookie order includes 1, 3, 6, or 12 cookies. You have your choice of any combination of the different cookie flavors when ordering.
Individual Chick-fil-A Cookie Prices
The price for an individual Chick-fil-A cookie is $1.79 per cookie as of November 2022. Here are the prices for different quantities:
- 1 cookie: $1.79
- 3 cookies: $5.37
- 6 cookies: $10.74
- 12 cookies: $21.48
As you can see, the per unit price stays the same regardless of the quantity ordered. There is no discount for ordering more cookies.
Price for 6 Chick-fil-A Cookies
Based on Chick-fil-A’s individual cookie price of $1.79, the total cost for 6 Chick-fil-A cookies would be:
6 cookies x $1.79 per cookie = $10.74
Therefore, the price for getting 6 cookies from Chick-fil-A would be $10.74 before tax. This would include any combination of the Chick-fil-A cookie flavors – chocolate chunk, sugar, oatmeal raisin, and cookies & cream.
Just to demonstrate:
- 3 chocolate chunk cookies + 3 sugar cookies = 6 total cookies
- 2 of each cookie flavor = 6 total cookies
No matter what flavors you choose, 6 cookies would cost $10.74 before tax at Chick-fil-A. The price per cookie remains the same across all flavors.
Price Per Dozen Cookies at Chick-fil-A
For comparison, here is the price if you were to order a full dozen (12) cookies from Chick-fil-A:
12 cookies x $1.79 per cookie = $21.48
A dozen cookies at Chick-fil-A costs $21.48 before tax. That breaks down to just $1.79 per cookie. Buying cookies by the dozen doesn’t save any money per cookie compared to buying a smaller quantity.
Chick-fil-A Cookie Nutrition Information
Here is the basic nutrition information for Chick-fil-A cookies, according to their website:
As you can see, the cookies are high in calories, fat, and carbs. So they pack a lot of energy in a small treat!
Some key points about Chick-fil-A cookie nutrition:
- One cookie contains 170 calories
- Total fat per cookie is 7g
- Carbohydrates per cookie are 24g
- There is 9g of sugar in each Chick-fil-A cookie
So if you eat 6 Chick-fil-A cookies, you’ll be consuming 1,020 calories, 42g fat, and 144g carbs total.
Chick-fil-A Cookie Allergy Information
Chick-fil-A provides allergen information for all of their menu items, including cookies. Here are the key allergens to be aware of:
- Wheat – The cookies contain wheat
- Eggs – The cookies are made with eggs
- Dairy – Some cookies contain dairy
- Tree nuts – Some cookies contain tree nuts (coconut)
Specifically, the Chocolate Chunk cookies and Sugar Cookies both contain wheat, eggs, and dairy. The Oatmeal Raisin Cookies contain wheat, eggs, and coconut. And the Cookies & Cream cookies contain wheat, eggs, and dairy.
So people with allergies to wheat, eggs, dairy, tree nuts, or coconut should be cautious and ask about ingredients before purchasing Chick-fil-A cookies. The cookies are made in a facility that uses tree nuts as well.
Tips for Saving Money on Chick-fil-A Cookies
While Chick-fil-A cookies are certainly a delicious treat, they can get pricey if you are buying them frequently or in large quantities. Here are some tips for saving money on cookies from Chick-fil-A:
- Only buy what you really need – don’t over order cookies just because it’s a flat rate. Stick to smaller quantities if you just want a snack.
- Check for coupon offers – Chick-fil-A periodically offers coupons for free food items with the purchase of a meal.
- Order cookies as part of a meal – you can get cookies alongside a sandwich, nuggets, or other entrée to maximize your order.
- Buy cookies with a beverage – pair cookies with a drink like coffee or lemonade to get more value.
- Split an order with friends – order a dozen cookies and split up with a couple friends to get the dozen price per cookie.
Saving just a few dollars here and there on cookies can add up over time. So utilize these tips to get your Chick-fil-A cookie fix for less.
Chick-fil-A Cookies for Dietary Preferences
Chick-fil-A accommodates several different dietary preferences with their cookie options:
- Vegetarian – Sugar cookies, Oatmeal Raisin cookies, and Cookies & Cream cookies are vegetarian friendly.
- Vegan – Oatmeal Raisin cookies are currently the only vegan cookie choice.
- Gluten-Free – Chick-fil-A does not offer gluten-free cookie options presently.
- Nut-Free – Customers can request nut-free chocolate chunk or cookies & cream cookies.
So if you follow a vegetarian, vegan, or nut-free diet, Chick-fil-A does accommodate some cookie choices. Those with gluten allergies or celiac disease will want to avoid their cookies though since all contain gluten.
Chick-fil-A Cookies vs. Other Cookie Options
How do Chick-fil-A cookies compare to other cookie options available? Here’s a quick nutritional comparison:
|Chick-fil-A (1 cookie)
|Subway (1 cookie)
|Insomnia Cookies (1 cookie)
In terms of calories and fat content, Chick-fil-A cookies are a lighter option compared to other chain restaurants. However, they still pack 170 calories per cookie, so they should be enjoyed in moderation as part of an overall balanced diet.
The History of Chick-fil-A Cookies
Chick-fil-A first opened in 1967, founded by S. Truett Cathy. The original restaurant menu was very simple, offering just chicken sandwiches, fries, and drinks. Cookies were not initially part of the menu.
It wasn’t until the mid-1980s that Chick-fil-A began offering cookies for sale. The chocolate chunk cookie was the first cookie introduced. The oatmeal raisin cookie was added shortly after in 1987 due to popularity. And the sugar cookie joined the menu in the 1990s.
Since then, cookies have become a signature menu item that many loyal patrons love to order alongside their meals and sandwiches. Generations of customers have enjoyed watching Chick-fil-A team members hand-filing each cookie from scratch in store.
The tradition of making cookies in-store daily continues today at all Chick-fil-A locations. Part of the appeal is knowing the cookies are baked fresh.
Why People Love Chick-fil-A Cookies
There are several key reasons why Chick-fil-A cookies have maintained such popularity over the decades:
- They are made in small batches throughout the day so they are always fresh.
- The ingredients and baking process make them soft and chewy.
- They come in enticing flavors like chocolate chunk and cookies & cream.
- You can customize cookie flavor combinations when ordering.
- They pair perfectly with Chick-fil-A’s drinks and sandwiches.
- They strike a nostalgic chord since they’ve been around for so long.
Additionally, Chick-fil-A is known for outstanding service, which makes the overall experience of ordering cookies always pleasant. Chick-fil-A cookies are a tasty treat that keep customers coming back.
Are Chick-fil-A Cookies Worth the Price?
At $1.79 per cookie, or $10.74 for half a dozen, Chick-fil-A cookies are on the pricier side compared to homemade or grocery store cookies. However, many loyal fans argue that they are worth paying extra for:
- The cookies are noticeably fresh and soft.
- They are more convenient than baking a batch yourself.
- Each cookie is a good size for the price.
- You get to mix-and-match fun flavors.
- Chick-fil-A service and hospitality enhance the experience.
When factoring in the overall positive experience of ordering cookies at Chick-fil-A, most agree the extra cost is justified. Chick-fil-A cookies make for both a great snack and a special treat.
Tips for Making Chick-fil-A Cookies at Home
While buying cookies from Chick-fil-A is enjoyable, you can also recreate similar cookies at home for less. Here are some tips:
- Use a classic chocolate chip cookie recipe as the base.
- Mix in chocolate chunks rather than chips for those signature chunks.
- Bake until the edges are brown but the centers are still soft.
- Cool completely before storing to maintain the soft texture.
- Add crushed Oreos to the dough for a cookies & cream version.
- Stir in raisins instead of chocolate to make oatmeal raisin cookies.
Baking cookies at home allows you to customize and control the ingredients. You can adjust aspects like gluten, sugar, dairy, etc. to meet your dietary needs.
While it takes more effort than grabbing cookies from Chick-fil-A, homemade can still satisfy that craving for a fraction of the cost. Get creative with recipes and cookie add-ins.
Where to Get Chick-fil-A Cookies
Chick-fil-A cookies are only available directly from Chick-fil-A restaurant locations – they are not sold in grocery stores, etc. Here are some ways to get Chick-fil-A cookies:
- Order cookies inside a Chick-fil-A restaurant or at the drive-thru window
- Order cookies for delivery through the Chick-fil-A app or website
- Use 3rd party delivery apps like UberEats or DoorDash to get Chick-fil-A cookies delivered
- Pick up mobile order cookies via drive-thru or carry-out
- Stop by the bakery counter inside the restaurant for fresh cookies
Chick-fil-A has made it very convenient to satisfy a cookie craving on-the-go. Use online ordering or the app for quick cookie delivery or takeout.
Chick-fil-A’s cookies are a beloved menu item that has been around for decades. While they don’t come cheap at $1.79 each, they provide a warm, fresh-baked taste and quality ingredients. The total for half a dozen Chick-fil-A cookies rings up at $10.74 before tax. For many loyal customers, the positive overall experience and hospitality make the cookies well worth the price. Chick-fil-A cookies can be enjoyed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. Satisfy your craving for these classic cookies by visiting your local Chick-fil-A.