Ocean City, Maryland is a popular beach destination located on the Atlantic Ocean coastline. The town is known for its boardwalk, amusement parks, and seafood restaurants. One of the top questions visitors ask is whether Ocean City has restaurants that offer all you can eat crab legs.
The Popularity of Crab Legs in Ocean City
Blue crab is one of the most iconic seafoods of the Chesapeake Bay region which Ocean City is a part of. Crab legs in particular are prized for their sweet, succulent meat. Cracking open crab legs and picking the meat out is a fun, hands-on dining experience. For these reasons, crab legs are a highly sought-after menu item for many visitors to Ocean City.
All you can eat crab leg specials appeal to seafood lovers looking to get the most value for their money. With high demand for crab legs, there are a number of restaurants in Ocean City that offer all you can eat crab legs on certain days or times.
Restaurants Currently Offering All You Can Eat Crab Legs in Ocean City
Here are some of the top restaurants currently offering all you can eat crab legs in 2023:
- Phillips Seafood House – All you can eat steamed blue crab legs every Wednesday.
- Hooper’s Crab House – All you can eat steamed crab legs on Tuesday nights.
- AJ’s on the Bay – Monday Night All You Can Eat Crab Legs.
- Bubbles & Crabs – All you can eat steamed crab legs Thursday nights.
- Smitty McGee’s – All you can eat crab legs on Sundays.
- Captain’s Table – Friday Night All You Can Eat Crab Legs.
- Surf ‘N Turf – All you can eat steamed blue crab legs on Tuesdays.
- The Shark on the Harbor – Endless crab legs every Friday.
- Liquid Assets – All you can eat steamed crab legs on Mondays.
- Ropewalk – All You Can Eat steamed crab legs on Wednesdays.
The availability of all you can eat crab legs may vary by season or special events. It’s recommended to call ahead to the restaurant to confirm they are still offering the special on a particular day.
What to Expect from All You Can Eat Crab Legs
If you’ve never tried an all you can eat crab legs special before, here are some things you can expect:
- A fixed price for unlimited crab legs, usually ranging from $30-$60 per person.
- Crab legs are steamed or boiled then seasoned and served warm with melted butter for dipping.
- Legs are typically snow crab legs or king crab legs, less commonly blue crab.
- There may be a time limit, such as two hours to eat as many crab legs as you want.
- Expect a casual, lively atmosphere with paper or plastic bibs provided.
- Be prepared to get your hands dirty cracking open crab shells to access the meat.
- Come hungry, as portions and limits are up to you once you pay the all you can eat price.
Keep in mind that beverages, tax and gratuity are not usually included in the advertised all you can eat price.
Tips for Maximizing an All You Can Eat Crab Leg Special
Here are some helpful tips to get the most out of an all you can eat crab leg meal:
- Come with an empty stomach – don’t fill up on appetizers or other menu items first.
- Pace yourself and take breaks – all you can eat meals are marathons not sprints.
- Use crackers and hand tools provided to easily break open crab shells.
- Try dipping the crab meat in melted butter, lemon juice or the restaurant’s signature sauce.
- Ice water is ideal for cleansing your palate between crab legs.
- Bring moist towelettes or hand wipes to clean up between rounds of crab eating.
- Ask for extra napkins, shells can get messy.
- Invite a group so you can share legs family-style at the table.
- Take home leftovers if you have a fridge/cooler – they make great crab salad.
Pricing and participation for all you can eat specials may vary by restaurant. Be sure to call ahead on the day you want to go to confirm availability and pricing.
Alternatives for All You Can Eat Crab Legs
If you visit Ocean City at a time when all you can eat legs aren’t offered, there are some other ways to get your fill of crab:
- Order multiple half or full pound servings of crab legs or cluster.
- Opt for crab cakes, crab imperial, or soft shell crabs which are usually always available.
- Check the daily specials board or ask your server for any seasonal crab dishes.
- Choose a seafood boil with crab legs, shrimp, clams, oysters, etc.
- Go for crab dip appetizers and crab pretzels.
- Pick a wood fired crab pizza with crab meat and Old Bay.
No matter when you visit, Ocean City has no shortage of delicious crab-based cuisine to enjoy!
Best Restaurants for Crab Lovers in Ocean City
If you’re looking to get your fill of delectable crab dishes beyond just all you can eat legs, here are some of the highest rated crab restaurants to check out in Ocean City:
|Crab cakes, crab imperial, crab pretzels
|Hooper’s Crab House
|Crab cakes, stuffed crab shells, crab fluff
|Crab pizza, crab mac & cheese, crab soup
|Crab nachos, lump blue crab salad, crab dip
|Crab grilled cheese, crab empanadas, crab stuffed shrimp
Be sure to call the day of your visit to check on seasonal items and specials like soft shell crabs in spring. Many restaurants close for the season in fall and winter months.
FAQ About All You Can Eat Crab Legs in Ocean City
What days of the week are best for all you can eat crab legs in Ocean City?
Most all you can eat crab leg specials are offered mid-week, Tuesday through Thursday. The best days are typically Wednesday and Thursday when more restaurants have the specials.
Are there limits on how many crab legs you can eat?
Most Ocean City restaurants do not set hard limits on the number of legs you can eat for all you can eat specials. However, there are usually time limits of 2-3 hours. Expect to pay additional charges if you stay past the time limit.
Can you take crab legs to go on all you can eat specials?
No, all you can eat crab leg specials are dine-in only due to the unlimited nature of the promotion. Leftovers cannot be taken to go to prevent abuse of the offering.
Do you need to make reservations for all you can eat crab legs?
It’s highly recommended to call ahead for reservations to ensure you get a table. These specials tend to book up quickly, especially in peak summer. Walk-ins may result in long waits if no tables are available.
Is there a certain season for all you can eat crab legs?
Most restaurants in Ocean City offer all you can eat crab legs from spring through fall, roughly March through October. Availability is limited in winter months when crabbing season is closed.
For seafood lovers visiting Ocean City, Maryland, all you can eat crab legs provide an excellent opportunity to indulge in fresh local crab. While not offered every night at restaurants in town, you can find these specials featured prominently on menus mid-week during the peak spring through fall season. With a range of long-time favorite establishments like Phillips and Hooper’s offering the specials, you have plenty of options to choose from. Just be sure to call ahead for availability, arrive hungry, and get ready to feast on tender, juicy crab legs!