Yes, you can create wish lists of apps you want to download later on the App Store. The App Store has a built-in wish list feature that allows you to save and organize apps you’re interested in but not ready to download yet.
What is a Wish List on the App Store?
An App Store wish list allows you to bookmark and save apps you want to download in the future in one convenient place. You can add apps to your wish list from App Store search results or from app product pages. Your wish list syncs across your devices signed in to the same Apple ID so you can access it from your iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple TV, and Apple Watch.
Benefits of an App Store Wish List
There are several benefits to using the App Store wish list feature:
- Keep track of apps to download later when you have time or space on your device.
- Easily find apps you’re interested in but not ready to get now.
- Sync wish lists across devices so you can access them anywhere.
- Check back for price drops on paid apps you want.
- Share wish lists with friends and family for gift ideas or recommendations.
How to Add Apps to Your Wish List
Adding apps your wish list is easy and can be done from search or app product pages:
- Open the App Store on your device.
- Search for an app you want to add.
- Tap the app’s icon in search results.
- Tap “Add to Wish List” on the app’s product page.
From Product Pages
- Find an app in the App Store.
- Tap on the app to open its product page.
- Tap “Add to Wish List” on the product page.
You’ll see a confirmation that the app has been added to your wish list. The app icons in your wish list will also show a checkmark in the top-left corner so you know they’ve been saved for later.
How to View and Manage Your Wish List
Your wish list is easy to access and manage across your devices:
iPhone and iPad
- Open the App Store app.
- Tap your profile icon in the top-right.
- Scroll down and tap “Wish List”.
- Open the App Store app.
- Click your name or Apple ID in the sidebar.
- Click “Wish List” under your account information.
Wish List Actions
Once you open your wish list, you can:
- Reorder apps using drag-and-drop.
- Download apps immediately with the “Get” button.
- Remove apps from the wish list using the x icon.
- Clear all apps from the wish list with “Clear Wish List”.
Apps you download will be automatically removed. Your wish list syncs across devices, so any changes made on one device will apply everywhere.
Sharing Your App Store Wish List
You can also share your App Store wish list with others:
- As gift ideas or app recommendations for friends and family.
- To collaborate on apps to download for a shared device like an iPad.
- To exchange app ideas with other users.
To share your wish list:
- Open your wish list in the App Store.
- Tap the share icon in the top-right corner.
- Choose the sharing method: Messages, Mail, AirDrop, etc.
The wish list will be sent as an App Store link that opens the list when tapped. Anyone you share your wish list with will be able to see your saved apps and download them to their own device.
Wish List History and Privacy
Your App Store wish list history is saved in your account until you clear it. Only you can see your wish list, it is not public or shareable unless you specifically share the link. Your privacy is protected.
If you want to see your historic wish lists:
- Open your wish list.
- Tap “View Wish List History” at the bottom.
This will show you previous versions of your wish list over time. You can browse your older wish lists but cannot make changes or restore them.
How is a Wish List Different from My List?
The App Store wish list is different than your My List feature used for Apple TV and Apple Music. My List features curated and dynamic recommendations from Apple to help you discover new apps, music, TV shows, and movies. Your wish list only includes content you have manually added yourself.
|User-created list of apps
|Personalized recommendations from Apple
|Add specific apps you want for later
|Discover new suggested apps and media
|Accessible from the App Store
|Available in Apple TV and Apple Music apps
Wish List Tips and Tricks
Take advantage of your App Store wish list with these helpful tips:
- Use wish lists to keep track of apps to download when you upgrade devices or clear space.
- Bookmark expensive paid apps to buy when they go on sale or you have extra money.
- Follow games your devices can’t handle yet but want to play in the future.
- Save educational apps for your kids to download when they’re old enough.
- Use wish lists to collaborate with family members on apps for a shared iPad.
- Create different wish lists for separate interests like work, travel, gaming, etc.
How many apps can I add to a wish list?
There is no official limit on the number of apps you can add to your App Store wish list. However, for performance reasons, Apple recommends keeping your wish list under 300 apps total across all devices.
Can I rename my wish list?
Unfortunately the App Store does not allow you to rename your wish list at this time. The list name always defaults to “Wish List”. You can differentiate between multiple wish lists you make by naming them when sharing.
Does the wish list automatically remove downloaded apps?
Yes, any app you download from your App Store wish list will be automatically removed from the list. This keeps your wish list clutter-free with only apps still to download in the future.
Can I restore my wish list if I delete it?
Once your App Store wish list is deleted, there is no way to restore or recover it. The only option is to view your historical wish lists. Make sure you really want to delete your wish list before confirming the action.
What happens if I delete an app from my wish list by accident?
If you mistakenly delete an app from your App Store wish list, you will have to locate the app again and re-add it. Your wish list history can help you find apps you may have accidentally removed.
The App Store wish list feature is very useful for saving apps you want to download later when it’s more convenient. You can easily add apps to your wish list, view and manage saved apps across devices, and share lists with others. Take full advantage of wish lists to organize your App Store apps.