Whether a PCR test is required to travel to India from the UAE depends on the individual’s vaccination status. In the opening paragraphs, I will provide quick answers to some key questions related to PCR test requirements for travel from UAE to India.
Do fully vaccinated travelers from UAE need a PCR test for India?
No, fully vaccinated travelers from the UAE do not need a negative PCR test to enter India. Only a vaccination certificate showing full vaccination status is required.
Do unvaccinated travelers from UAE need a PCR test for India?
Yes, unvaccinated travelers from the UAE need to show a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to departure in order to enter India.
Are there any other COVID-19 related requirements for UAE to India travel?
Yes, all travelers must complete an Air Suvidha self-declaration form before departure and show the QR code on arrival. Travelers may also be subject to thermal screening at ports of entry.
What types of COVID-19 vaccines are accepted for travel from UAE to India?
India considers a traveler fully vaccinated if they have received the full series of Covishield/AstraZeneca, Covaxin, Sputnik V, Moderna, or Johnson and Johnson vaccines. Other WHO-approved vaccines may also be accepted.
In summary, fully vaccinated travelers from the UAE do not need a PCR test to enter India, while unvaccinated travelers require a negative test taken within 72 hours of departure. All travelers must complete the Air Suvidha form and may undergo screening on arrival.
India’s Current COVID-19 Entry Requirements
India has eased many of its COVID-19 related entry restrictions as the pandemic situation has improved globally. However, some requirements remain in place for international arrivals to India.
Requirements for Fully Vaccinated Travelers
Travelers from the UAE who have completed their full COVID-19 vaccination schedule do not need to provide a negative PCR test result in order to enter India. The following is required for fully vaccinated travelers:
- Upload vaccination certificate showing full vaccination status to Air Suvidha portal
- Complete Air Suvidha self-declaration form, submit and obtain QR code
- Show vaccination certificate and Air Suvidha QR code on arrival
Requirements for Unvaccinated Travelers
Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated travelers from the UAE must provide a negative PCR test result taken within 72 hours prior to departure in order to enter India. Additional requirements include:
- Upload negative PCR test result to Air Suvidha portal
- Complete Air Suvidha self-declaration form, submit and obtain QR code
- Show negative PCR test result and Air Suvidha QR code on arrival
India considers travelers fully vaccinated if they have received:
- 2 doses of Covishield/AstraZeneca
- 2 doses of Covaxin
- 2 doses of Sputnik V
- 2 doses of Moderna
- 1 dose of Johnson and Johnson
Other WHO-approved vaccines may also be accepted. Travelers can check with the airline before booking tickets.
Air Suvidha Self-Declaration Form
All travelers entering India from the UAE must complete an Air Suvidha self-declaration form online prior to departure. This includes providing personal details, travel information, vaccination status and upload of documents if required.
After submitting the form, travelers will receive a QR code via email. This QR code must be shown on arrival in India, either as a print-out or on a mobile phone.
The Air Suvidha form can be completed online at https://www.newdelhiairport.in/airsuvidha/apho-registration
Information Required for Air Suvidha Form
Travelers must provide the following information when completing the Air Suvidha self-declaration form:
- Personal details (full name, date of birth, nationality, passport number)
- Contact details (address, phone number, email address)
- Travel details (flight number, departure airport, arrival airport, date of arrival)
- Self-declaration of health status
- Upload of vaccination certificate or PCR test if applicable
On Arrival Procedures in India
In addition to showing their vaccination certificate or negative PCR test result and Air Suvidha QR code, travelers arriving in India from the UAE may also undergo the following additional procedures at the airport:
- Thermal screening – body temperature may be checked
- Random COVID-19 testing – a small percentage of arrivals may be tested on-site
- Quarantine – if tested positive upon arrival, travelers will be isolated per health protocols
Travelers showing symptoms of COVID-19 upon arrival, even if fully vaccinated, may be required to undergo a PCR test on arrival.
Dos and Don’ts When Traveling to India from UAE
Here are some important dos and don’ts to keep in mind when traveling from the UAE to India during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Do complete India’s Air Suvidha self-declaration form online before departure
- Do carry a printed or digital copy of your Air Suvidha QR code
- Do be prepared for thermal screening at the airport in India
- Do follow health and safety protocols like wearing a mask and hand sanitization
- Do carry health/travel insurance with COVID-19 coverage
- Don’t travel if you are feeling unwell or showing COVID-19 symptoms
- Don’t forget to apply for an e-visa before departure if required
- Don’t miss your pre-departure PCR test if you are unvaccinated
- Don’t forget to upload your documents to the Air Suvidha portal
Following these tips will help ensure a smooth and safe travel experience when flying from the UAE to India.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Indian nationals need PCR test from UAE to India?
Indian nationals who are fully vaccinated do not need a pre-departure PCR test when traveling from the UAE to India. Unvaccinated Indian nationals are required to present a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of departure.
Does PCR test need to be taken 72 hours before departure or arrival in India?
For unvaccinated travelers from the UAE, the negative PCR test result must be taken within 72 hours before your scheduled departure time from the UAE to India. The test does not need to be within 72 hours of arrival.
Can a rapid antigen test be used instead of PCR test for India?
No, only a negative PCR test result is accepted for travel to India. Rapid antigen tests are not permitted as an alternative.
Is institutional quarantine required for arrivals from UAE?
Institutional quarantine is no longer required upon arrival in India from the UAE. However, travelers showing COVID-19 symptoms on arrival may be required to isolate per health protocols.
Can I do COVID-19 test upon arrival at Delhi airport instead of pre-departure?
No, unvaccinated travelers must take the PCR test before departing from the UAE and cannot get tested only on arrival. Only random testing is done at Delhi airport.
|Traveler Vaccination Status||PCR Test Required|
|Unvaccinated/Partially vaccinated||Yes, within 72 hours of departure|
This table summarizes the PCR test requirements for vaccinated versus unvaccinated travelers from the UAE to India.
In conclusion, India has eased many COVID-19 related travel restrictions, but certain requirements remain in place. Fully vaccinated travelers from the UAE can enter with just their vaccination proof, while unvaccinated travelers need to provide a negative PCR test result. All travelers must complete the Air Suvidha self-declaration form before departure. Staying up-to-date on the latest entry requirements will ensure smooth travels to India from the UAE.