The calorie content of a svedka vodka soda strawberry lemonade can vary depending on the exact ingredients and proportions used. However, on average, a 12 oz serving of this drink made with 1.5 oz vodka, 3 oz lemonade, 7.5 oz club soda and fresh strawberries contains around 190 calories. The majority of these calories come from the lemonade and vodka.
Here is a more detailed breakdown of the calorie content from each ingredient typically used to make a svedka vodka soda strawberry lemonade:
– 1.5 oz Svedka vodka: 105 calories
Vodka is a distilled spirit made from fermented grains or potatoes. Svedka vodka is 80 proof or 40% alcohol.
All distilled spirits like vodka contain around 97 calories per 1.5 ounce shot or serving. This equates to around 7 calories per gram of alcohol.
So the 1.5 oz vodka in this drink provides 105 calories.
– 3 oz lemonade: 60-90 calories
The calorie content of lemonade can vary widely depending on whether it’s homemade or commercially made, as well as the sugar content.
On average, a 3 oz serving of commercially made lemonade contains around 30-45 calories. Homemade lemonade with around 1 tbsp of sugar would provide around 45-60 calories per 3 oz serving.
To keep calories lower, opt for a light or diet lemonade option.
– 7.5 oz club soda: 0 calories
Being just carbonated water, club soda contains no calories. The 7.5 oz in this drink add no calories.
– 5-6 medium strawberries: 25 calories
Fresh strawberries are very low in calories at around 5 calories per medium berry. So 5 or 6 small strawberries would add about 25 calories to this drink.
If you want to keep calories and sugar lower, opt for adding just a few small slices rather than whole berries.
Based on these typical ingredients and amounts, a 12 oz Svedka vodka soda strawberry lemonade would contain:
– Vodka: 105 calories
– Lemonade: 60-90 calories
– Club soda: 0 calories
– Strawberries: 25 calories
This gives a total of around 190-220 calories for the entire drink.
A standard serving size is generally around 12 oz for a mixed drink like this. So you can estimate 190 calories per vodka soda strawberry lemonade on average.
Tips for Lightening Up This Drink
Here are some easy tips to reduce the calories if you want a lighter version:
– Use diet lemonade instead of regular – saves 45-75 calories
– Reduce vodka to 1 oz – saves 35 calories
– Use small slices of strawberries instead of whole berries – saves 10-15 calories
– Add extra club soda and remove lemonade altogether – saves 60-90 calories
With these substitutions, you can make a lighter version containing around 100 calories or less per 12 oz serving.
Here are the nutrition facts for a typical 12 oz svedka vodka soda strawberry lemonade:
Regular recipe (190 calories)
Lighter recipe (100 calories)
As you can see, the lighter version cuts calories primarily by reducing the sugar and alcohol content.
In addition to calories, the alcohol content is also useful to know:
– A standard drink contains around 0.6 oz of pure alcohol
– Vodka is 40% alcohol, so 1.5 oz vodka contains 0.6 oz alcohol
– Therefore, a 12 oz vodka soda strawberry lemonade contains approximately 1 standard alcoholic drink
The alcohol content provides around 100 calories per serving in both versions of this beverage. If you want to reduce alcohol and calories further, use just 1 oz vodka or try a non-alcoholic mixer instead.
Comparison to Other Drinks
Compared to other popular mixed drinks, a vodka soda strawberry lemonade is moderately low in calories at around 190 per 12 oz serving. Here is how it compares:
|Long island iced tea||220|
As you can see, a vodka soda with lemonade and strawberries contains a similar amount of calories to popular vodka cocktails like a vodka tonic or vodka cranberry. It’s lower in calories than frozen and cream-based drinks like a piña colada.
So if you’re watching your calorie intake, a vodka soda strawberry lemonade is a relatively light mixed drink option.
Tips for Consuming Alcohol in Moderation
While vodka sodas are lower in calories and carbs than other mixed drinks, alcohol in any amount can affect health and weight loss goals. Here are some tips for consuming alcohol in moderation:
– Alternate alcoholic drinks with water or other zero-calorie beverages
– Eat a protein and fiber-rich meal before or while drinking
– Limit drinks to 1-2 per day for women and 2-3 for men
– Measure drinks carefully to avoid “free pouring”
– Choose lower calorie mixers like diet soda, seltzer or fresh fruit
– Avoid sugary mixers like regular soda, juice or premixed cocktails
– Be mindful of alcohol calories by tracking intake if trying to lose weight
– Avoid drinking games, shots or other activities that promote binge drinking
Moderation looks different for each individual based on health status, medication use and other factors. It’s best to consult a doctor for recommendations about safe alcohol intake.
The Bottom Line
A 12 oz svedka vodka soda strawberry lemonade contains approximately 190 calories on average. This is based on typical ingredients of 1.5 oz vodka (105 calories), 3 oz lemonade (60-90 calories), 7.5 oz club soda (0 calories), and 5-6 strawberries (25 calories).
You can reduce the calorie content by using diet lemonade, decreasing vodka, and limiting high-calorie mixers. When consuming alcohol, it’s also important to drink in moderation by pacing yourself, alternating with non-alcoholic drinks, eating a filling meal, and limiting overall intake. Enjoy your vodka soda strawberry lemonade, but be mindful of calories and alcohol content if watching your weight.