Checking your Shell card balance online is a quick and easy way to monitor your account activity and available funds. With just a few clicks, you can log in to your Shell account and view your current balance, recent transactions, payment history, and more.
What is a Shell card?
A Shell card is a gas credit card issued by Shell Oil Company. It offers rewards and discounts on Shell fuel purchases. Shell cards can be used to pay for gas and other products and services at Shell stations. They also allow you to earn points or cash back on eligible purchases.
Like other credit cards, Shell cards have an account with a credit limit, billing cycle, monthly statement, and minimum payment due. However, Shell cards are specifically designed for use at Shell stations and provide perks for Shell fuel transactions.
Benefits of checking your Shell card balance online
There are several advantages to monitoring your Shell card account online regularly:
- View up-to-date account information – You can check your current balance, available credit, recent transactions, payment due dates, account alerts, and more.
- Monitor spending – Keeping tabs on your balance helps you track spending and avoid going over your credit limit.
- Catch fraudulent charges – Reviewing transactions frequently makes it easier to identify unauthorized charges.
- Manage payments – Logging in allows you to view your statement, payment due date, and make payments online.
- Earn rewards – Checking your account can help ensure rewards are properly credited for Shell fuel purchases.
- Access account services – Many account management functions like updating contact info or managing notifications are available online.
How to check your Shell card balance online
Checking your Shell credit card balance online is quick and straightforward. Here are the steps:
- Go to www.shell.com and click “Log In” in the top right corner.
- Enter your Shell card number and password and click “Log In.”
- Once logged in, you will see an overview of your account. Your current balance is displayed at the top.
- Under the “Account Summary” tab, you can view details on your balance, available credit, pending activity, payment due date, recent transactions, and more.
- Click on “Statements & Activity” to see your statements and full transaction history.
- Under “Rewards” you can view your Fuel Rewards® points balance and redemption history.
- Use the tabs and menu to navigate and view all aspects of your account.
Information shown in your online Shell card account
When you log in to your Shell card account online or in the mobile app, you’ll be able to view the following key information:
- Current balance – This shows your outstanding balance that needs to be paid.
- Available credit – Your available credit is your credit limit less your current balance.
- Pending activity – You’ll see any transactions that have been made but not yet posted.
- Minimum payment due – The minimum payment you need to pay by the due date.
- Due date – The date your next payment is due to avoid late fees.
- Reward points balance – Any Fuel Rewards® points earned on Shell purchases will appear here.
- Recent transactions – List of your most recent purchases and payments made.
- Statements – Access PDFs of your monthly statements.
- Account alerts – Set up alerts to monitor your account, such as for large purchases or when your bill is ready.
Steps to check your balance on the Shell app
In addition to the website, you can also use the Shell app to conveniently check your card balance on your mobile device:
- Download the Shell app from the App Store if using an iPhone, or Google Play if using an Android device.
- Open the Shell app and tap “Sign In” and enter your Shell card credentials.
- Your account overview will open, with your current balance displayed at the top.
- Tap on “Statements & Activity” to see details on your transactions, pending activity, and statements.
- Tap the menu icon to access your full account dashboard and rewards balance.
- The app syncs with the website, so you’ll see the same account information.
Important account alerts to set up
Shell allows you to customize account alerts to monitor your account activity via email or push notifications. Here are some key alerts to consider setting up:
- Payment reminders – Get reminders leading up to your payment due date.
- Statement ready – Be notified when your new monthly statement is available to view.
- Large purchase alert – Set a threshold to be notified of any unusually large transaction.
- Balance threshold – Get an alert if your balance exceeds an amount you define.
- Suspicious activity – Opt in to alerts on potential fraud or suspicious transactions.
- Credit line warning – Be notified if your balance is getting close to your credit limit.
Steps to sign up for Shell balance alerts
Enabling balance alerts on your Shell card only takes a few minutes:
- Log in to your account online or in the Shell app.
- Go to “Settings” and select “Account Alerts.”
- Check the box next to any alerts you want to activate.
- Enter the thresholds that trigger each alert where applicable.
- Select whether you want alerts sent via email, text, push notification, or a combination.
- Click “Save” at the bottom to confirm your alert settings.
Be sure to keep your alert preferences updated for maximum benefit. You can customize or deactivate alerts any time.
How to monitor Shell card rewards
One of the advantages of the Shell card is the ability to earn rewards on fuel purchases. Shell offers two main rewards programs:
- Fuel Rewards® program – Earn cents per gallon discounts on Shell fuel based on your card purchases.
- Shell RewardsTM – Rack up points on Shell purchases that can be redeemed for rewards.
Checking your balance and account activity online allows you to track your rewards earnings and redemption. Here’s how:
- Log in to your account and select the “Rewards” tab.
- For Fuel Rewards®, you’ll see your current discount per gallon and progress bar toward your next reward.
- For Shell RewardsTM, you can view your points balance and redemption history.
- Make sure rewards are displaying accurately for your eligible Shell transactions.
- Monitor your rewards balance increasing and redemption history over time.
If you encounter any issues checking your Shell card balance online, here are some troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure your login credentials are correct – Double check your card number and password entered.
- Check account access settings – Verify online account access is enabled and sign-in verification steps are correctly configured.
- Contact customer service – For persistent login issues or if your balance appears incorrect, contact Shell card customer service for assistance.
- Check notifications – Read any account alerts or messages about activity on your account.
- Review recent transactions – Scan your latest transactions to confirm they align with your records and receipts.
- Change password – If you suspect unauthorized access, change your password immediately.
Using a desktop computer vs mobile app
You have the option to check your Shell balance and account details on both the desktop website and mobile app. Here’s a comparison:
|Desktop Website||Mobile App|
The desktop site makes it easier to analyze details and manage your full account. The app is optimal for a quick balance check on the go. Use both for maximum account visibility and control.
Is there a fee to check your balance online?
The good news is there are no fees to check your Shell card balance online or on the mobile app. You can view your account details, statements, and transactions as often as you like for free.
Shell does not charge fees just for logging in, monitoring your balance, or setting account alerts. It’s included as part of your overall account services.
The only potential fees to be aware of are:
- Late payment fee – If you miss your monthly minimum payment due date, there may be a penalty.
- Returned payment fee – If a payment attempt is rejected for non-sufficient funds or other reasons.
- Cash advance fee – For cash advances made using your Shell card.
Aside from charges like those above, accessing your account online is free. Check your balance as often as you want without fees.
Is my balance information secure?
Yes, Shell utilizes extensive security measures to keep your account information safe while checking your balance online. Here are some of the ways they protect your privacy and data:
- Encryption – Data is encrypted using SSL certificates to prevent unauthorized access during transmission.
- Firewall protections – Firewalls block malicious traffic and cyber threats from accessing systems.
- Authentication – Multi-factor authentication and verification safeguards access to accounts.
- Fraud monitoring – Algorithms monitor all transactions for signs of fraudulent or suspicious activity.
- PCI compliance – Shell complies with security regulations set by the Payment Card Industry (PCI).
Checking your balance online through the website or app is just as secure as any other online banking or financial transaction. Shell takes every precaution to keep your data safe.
What if I think my balance is wrong?
If you check your Shell card balance online and believe it is incorrect, don’t panic. There are a few steps you can take to get it sorted out:
- Review recent transactions – Make sure there aren’t any pending purchases or refunds you are forgetting about.
- Confirm payment history – Verify when your last payment was received and credited.
- Check for alerts – Read any notifications about account activity.
- Contact customer service – Call or chat with a Shell representative to investigate.
- Dispute errors – If transactions are inaccurate or fraudulent, you can dispute them.
Make sure to only dispute legitimate errors. In most cases, if given a few days your online balance will align with your records once all pending activity has posted. But reach out for help if you see any discrepancies.
How often should I check my Shell card balance?
Most financial experts recommend checking your credit card balances at least weekly, if not more. For your Shell card, aim for the following best practices:
- Weekly – Make it a habit to log in to your account once a week to monitor your balance and look for suspicious transactions.
- Large purchases – Check immediately after any major, unusual purchase for verification.
- End of billing cycle – Review statement when it closes to confirm all activity before your payment is due.
- Irregular spending – If you use your card inconsistently, check in before and after major purchases.
- Account alerts – Configure alerts so you get notified of important account updates.
Checking at least every 7 days can help you catch issues quickly. But you may need to check more or less based on your spending patterns.
Tips for monitoring your Shell card effectively
Here are some top tips for checking your Shell balance online regularly and keeping a close eye on your account:
- Log in weekly to make it a habit, even if you have no new activity.
- Use account alerts wisely for real-time notifications via email or push notification.
- Watch for suspicious transactions that seem inaccurate.
- Review statements closely at the end of each billing cycle.
- Keep an eye on large purchases which are most prone to fraud.
- Ensure rewards are being tracked and redeemed properly.
- Use both the desktop site and mobile app for comprehensive monitoring.
Consistently checking your balance and account activity can help you maximize rewards, avoid fees, and feel confident in your account status.
Checking your Shell credit card balance online is fast and simple. Just log in to your account through the Shell website or mobile app anytime to view your balance, available credit, recent transactions, statements, rewards, and more.
Monitoring your account activity regularly is key to managing your card responsibly. Enable customized account alerts for real-time notifications. And don’t hesitate to contact Shell customer service if you ever notice an error or discrepancy.
With convenient online access and increased visibility into your account, you can use your Shell card rewards wisely while keeping tabs on your spending 24/7.